Here at the Get Nailed Academy, we believe that all students should have access to the highest quality of knowledge and skills!
This not only makes the Get Nailed Academy stand out from the crowd but will also set YOU the student apart from the rest of the nail industry! It will also allow for you to have confidence to move forward in your nail journey with the knowledge and a skill set, that will enable you to become the BEST nail technician that YOU can possibly be!
By enrolling with the Get Nailed Academy you will not only learn the fundamental skills needed to become a nail technician, but you have also become part of a global nail family!
Get Nailed and the ever-growing team, and family across the world will encourage and support you throughout your career!
Lauren will also be on hand throughout your journey to support you and offer advice whenever you need it...not just during your course but throughout your entire career!
So, what are waiting for? Enrol on the course that suits you NOW! The future nail technician in you and your future career will thank you for it!
Welcome to the Get Nailed Academy!
Who is Lauren McBride?
Lauren is a Multi-International award winning nail artist, Salon Owner, Brand Owner, Competition Judge, Educator & Mentor. Her accolades include:
- Regional Nail Technician of the Year 2019, 2020, 2021(The British Hair and Beauty Awards)
- National Nail Technician of the Year 2020, 2021(The British Hair and Beauty Awards)
- Nail Salon of the Year 2021(The British Hair and Beauty Awards)
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2021(The British Hair and Beauty Awards)
- Educator of the Year 2021(FNP & Pro Beauty)
- Judge at Pro Beauty London 2022
- Scratch Star ‘Shooting Star Award’ Finalist 2022
- Over 40 Multi International competition titles
Lauren has been in the nail industry for 20 years and has been in a salon for 25 years. Her experience and knowledge within the nail industry is second to none. She believes that ALL training or resident nail technicians should have access to affordable, quality training, that enables them to stand out within the industry.
Lauren believes that knowledge is power and is the fundamental basis to becoming a successful nail technician.
Lauren has developed her course material from years of experience within the industry and prides herself on holding nothing back. You will leave the Get Nailed Academy with a full arsenal of knowledge and practical skills to develop and implement to be the BEST!
Lauren also understands the needs of each individual student, which is why the courses that are offered can be tailored to individual needs and circumstances, to provide the best learning experience for ALL!
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Advanced Anatomy and Physiology.
- Acrylic History & Chemistry Knowledge.
- Client consultation.
- Nail Shapes.
- Treatment Preparation.
- Safe Preparation of the natural nail.
- Enhancement Structure.
- Tip Application.
- Product Application - Full Set & Overlay
- Award Winning Filing Routine.
- Infill & Rebalance Procedure.
- Removal Procedure.
- Trouble Shooting.
- Health and hygiene standards related to all aspects of the treatment.
- Laws & Regulations
- Professional ethics
KIT: Please note a kit is not included in the price of this course, you will be required to have a full acrylic kit.
PRE-REQUISITES: Accredited Acrylic Enhancement Diploma – this course is best suited to the already qualified nail tech, that would like to either refresh their skills or advance their skills from their previous courses. Please note, we will require evidence of previous qualifications – these qualifications DO NOT need to have been gained with us.
DURATION: Theory: Online
Practical: 2 days (Online or in person) - Consecutive
LOCATION: Online or in person at Get Nailed Bournemouth
BENEFITS OF TRAINING WITH US:
- Home study of the theory section of the course.
- High standard of practical training.
- Fun learning experience.
- Support from the Academy throughout the course and throughout your nail career.
- Multi award international winning educator delivering your training.
- Comprehensive course manuals that you can keep for further reference.
WHAT DO I NEED TO HAVE ON THE PRACTICAL TRAINING DAY?
- Your training manual.
- Your model or you can work on yourself, but we do recommend that working on a model aids the learning experience, as it simulates working on a client.
- The Practical days will either be online or in person.
COURSE THEORY AND PRACTICAL
To ensure the highest standards of training, students will be required to pass a theory test prior to undertaking their practical training. Once the course is paid for in full, the student is provided a detailed course manual required to pass a theory test. The Theory test will be required to be completed online via the learning portal prior to the practical learning day. This ensures students come to the course well prepared, so they get the most from their practical training.
Emphasis is placed on the student understanding the practicalities of providing a professional treatment. The student will be assessed by the educator. If the educator believes the student is competent, a certificate of completion will be awarded in accordance with our Terms & Conditions.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NEXT?
If you would like to enrol on this course, all you have to do is:
- Add the course to your basket and checkout
- We will then be in touch with you via email to confirm your course.
- You will be given access to the online learning portal in order to complete the theory element of your course.
Please make sure that you have read and fully understand the Terms and Conditions of Get Nailed Academy before enrolling on a course.
- Please be aware that you will need to have a model with you to the training. Models must be over the age of 16.
- Class sizes are kept to a maximum of 4 students, this enables your educator to pay individual attention to all students and enhance your learning experience throughout the course.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE COURSE?
Once you have completed your course you will be required to complete practical case studies in order to gain experience and aid troubleshooting.
As an Academy we provide ongoing support throughout your career, not just at the point of learning. This element to training with us is something that we are immensely proud to be able to offer, via Facebook groups and online learning. We want you to be the best version of yourself that you can possibly be! You will most certainly not be left to fend for yourself and we will hold your hand for as long as you need throughout your learning experience and nail journey!